Today's Topics Include:
- General Announcements
- The Julgran Knit Along
- Hot Off the Needles
- What We are Working On
- Imaginary Knitting
- Sew, I have another Lover
Thank you, FunkyChic309, for sharing that you always have three projects on the needles!
1.) Giveaway Prize Winners!
- Congratulations to MimisKnit on Ravelry who won the gorgeous three skein set from Anne of Woolyhues! We cannot wait to see what you create with the yarn, Heather!
- Congratulations to "TheThingsIHaveMade" on Instagram who won the "Splendid Soles"book donated by Lori Wagner. We loved seeing your photos, Hannah!
2.) The Knitters Book Club!
- We are pleased to announce a second installment of the Knitter's Book Club. Starting now through mid-August, join us in reading the thrilling page turner, "In a Dark, Dark Wood"by Ruth Ware. On Friday evening, August 17th, we will host a Google Hang Out to discuss the book and share whatever crafty project we are working on. Please note, this book is not knitting related and does not include any particular knitting project.
The Julgran Knit Along
Julgran means Christmas Tree in Swedish and because many people enjoy a good Christmas-in-July project, we thought the Julgran Sweaterwould be a perfect choice for a knit along!
Julgranis a top-down vintage inspired pullover designed by Andi Satterland that features a large Christmas tree on the front-center that can be decorated with beads or left plain.
Notes about the pattern:
- The Christmas tree is charted only.
- Worsted weight yarn with a gauge of 18 stitches and 26 rows over four inches
- Designer used Quince and Company Lark.
- Size US 6 and 8 needles, with larger needle for gauge.
- Pattern is available on Ravelry for $6.75 US Dollars.
- Pattern allows for personalization!
The Julgran Knit Along begins now (July) and will end January 1st, 2019! That means you have six months to knit this sweater! We are hoping this long and flexible time frame will encourage you to join us because this sweater will be super cute come holiday season! Plus, there will be prizes! Please see our Ravelry groupfor more information!
Hot Off the Needles
Tara finished a pair of top-down vanilla socks using Rock and String Creations'sDerby Day colorway.
What We are Working On
Tara is test-knitting the Poca Sweater by Laura Nelkin using Jill Draper Kingston. This pattern will be released in late July!
Ashley is working on the August square of the River Knits Afghan. This square is lace and Ashley had to go down a needle size.
Tara is imaginary knitting:
Ashley is imaginary knitting:
Sew, I Have Another Lover
Ashley finished the Cleo Skirtand Luna pants by Made By Rae.
Ashley finished the Purl Soho City Gym Shorts.
Ashley's son William made his first pair of pajama pants! He used the Simplicity #2290 pattern. Congratulations, William!
Ashley started the Foundation Paper Pieced Square, All in the Neighborhood, by CR Creations Shop.